Monday, November 2, 2009

Vendors Unveiled: Richard Esposito

One of our favorite parts of being in the industry is when a vendor contacts us to discuss their experiences as a wedding professional. We especially love when that conversation opens our eyes to a true artist. This is what happened when Richard Esposito reached out to us. Please take a moment to read our interview with him and peruse some of his work... I think you'll understand why we were so excited and why he is this week's Vendor Unveiled.


Name: Richard Esposito



Where are you located, and what geographical area(s) do you service?
Though located in North Haven, CT, we travel to photograph all over the country. Most of our clients are in New England and New York, but destination weddings take us to San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Washington D.C. to name a few recent places.

How long have you been in business?
My interest in photography has been life long, but my business has been thriving for 6 years. I left my career as an Emmy Award winning television video editor to pursue my passion of photography. It was a wonderful leap of faith.

What drew you to photography as a profession?
I'm told I have an ability to capture a moment in time that can allow my client to relive it and remember how it felt to be there. It is an amazing feeling to give that to someone.
What do you feel sets you apart as a photographer?
I connect with my clients and become part of their lives. It is important for me to create that connection so they feel comfortable around me on their wedding day. Also, from a technical perspective, an artful composition and lighting are two aspects of my work that I take pride in.

What do you love most about your job?
What is not to love? I get to do what I love on the happiest day of peoples lives. This is the best job I have ever had!! But to pick one aspect that I enjoy the most, I think that I love how different every couple is and how each wedding is unique. It's never the same and it never feels like I've done it before.

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
Organized!!

No comments: