Sunday, April 5, 2009
Modish BIZtips Monthly Goal Meetup: April 2009
The author of one of the blogs we visit regularly, Jena at Modish BIZtips, is challenging all of her readers to come up with a list of at least five business-related goals we want to accomplish during the month of April and posting them on our own blogs. Her hope is that by everyone coming together and publicizing their goals, we’ll all hold ourselves more accountable for completing them. At the end of each month, we’ll check in with one another to gauge our progress and develop a new set of goals for the following month.
We thought this was a fantastic idea, so we’ve posted our list of goals below. You can read Jena’s original post here for more information and to see who else is participating.
1. Rewrite individual bios for website. If you visit our website regularly, you’ll know that we had bios up when we launched the new site back in November. After some time had passed, however, we decided that they were too “corporate,” for lack of a better word. We want to inject some more personality into them, so it’s back to the drawing board for some editing.
2. Finalize new marketing materials. We recently revamped our package structure and service offerings and we’re excited about the changes, but now we need to update our client marketing materials to follow suit.
3. Have headshots taken of our new Bliss team members. Two lovely ladies have recently joined the Bliss team and we can’t wait to introduce them on the blog, but since a picture is worth a thousand words, we’ve been holding off until we have some shiny new headshots of them to accompany the announcement.
4. Invite five new vendors to participate in Vendors Unveiled. One of the best parts of being involved with our clients’ weddings is the opportunity to collaborate with other wedding professionals. A few weeks ago, we introduced our new Vendors Unveiled interview series on the blog and it’s been a great way to get to know the many wonderfully talented vendors out there. We hope to increase participation over the coming weeks.
5. Convert blog to WordPress. We’ve wanted to convert our blog to WordPress for some time now, but with so many other items on the to-do list, we just haven’t gotten around to actually doing it. Hopefully this Monthly Goal Meetup will provide us with the necessary motivation.
Be sure to check back at the end of April to see how we’re doing!
[Image credit: "Goals" by Flickr user Jill Greenseth]