Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ooey-Gooey Chewy Goodness

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a rare breed of human - as in, the non-coffee-drinking kind. Now, I like Starbucks as much as the next person. What keeps me coming back, though, are not the Caramel Macchiatos, but the rice crispy treats! I LOVE them. Starbucks has somehow perfected the recipe so that it contains the ideal proportion of cereal, marshmallow, butter, and some other top-secret, super-addictive ingredient. They also possess some magical cutting device that yields these perfectly square, thick bricks of marshmallowy delight.

Anyhow, the point of that unnecessarily long introductory paragraph was to say that I love rice crispy treats. So imagine my excitement to stumble upon The Crispery – an online bake shop devoted entirely to rice crispy treats! And these are not your run-of-the-mill “crispy bars,” as they affectionately call them. The Crispery marries them with chocolate, and caramel, and peanut butter, and coconut; it embellishes them with candy, and sprinkles, and cookies, and graham crackers. As my favorite interior designer Candice Olson always says, “How divine.”

I haven’t sampled these babies yet, but I only discovered the website yesterday. What a delectable way to add a little something unexpected to your candy buffet or dessert bar. (Heck, why not create a rice crispy wedding cake?) Visit The Crispery to order individual crispy bars or gift boxes of up to 16.

No comments: