Monday, May 18, 2009

Vendors Unveiled: Kristie Conte Photography

A few Saturdays ago, Jessica and I had the distinct pleasure to visit with Kristie Conte over a cup of coffee. What immediately struck me about Kristie is how vivacious she is and the warmth she exudes. We were also truly impressed with the passion with which she approaches her art, especially her constant desire to nurture and grow her craft. We invite you to spend some time getting to know Kristie in this week's edition of Vendors Unveiled!


Name: Kristie Conte

Website: www.kcontephoto.com

Blog: www.kconteblog.com

Where are you located, and what geographical area(s) do you service?
I'm located in Newtown, CT. We serve CT, NY, NJ, MA but will travel wherever a couple's journey takes them

How long have you been in business?
We've been in business for 5 years now

What drew you to photography as a profession?
When I was 13, my grandfather had a twin-lens reflex camera. I had it fixed up, put some film in it, and walked around the house taking pictures of flowers. When I had the film developed, I was thrilled at the results. As I grew older and shot images of people, I realized what an impact a portrait of grandchildren had on grandparents ... a piece of art that would enable someone to relive a moment in time each time you looked at it. I knew I had found my calling.

What do you feel sets you apart as a photographer?
The never-ending desire to continue to learn new things about the craft. Whether it's learning new techniques or revisiting basic photographic practices, it's important for me to invest time in photography master classes and seminars each year. We've always felt that if you think you know everything, you may as well pack it in.

What do you love most about your job?
To be able to work with a bride and groom and have them trust putting one of the most memorable days of their lives in your hands.

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
Definitely "romantic"

No comments: