Sunday, July 12, 2009

Inspiration Storyboard: Coffee & Cybidium

I love coffee. The inspiration for this particular storyboard came from that deep and real love of all things java. I was at a friend's house one day and on the kitchen counter sat a clear container full of coffee beans. Given my addiction, it was a beautiful sight. I then thought about the chartreuse green of cybidium orchids and discovered that the colors are incredibly striking together. The contrast of the rich chocolate color of the coffee beans and the sharp, bright green of the cybidium orchid really play against each other. Here is a compilation of images I believe demonstrate the great combination of these hues. And now I want coffee... I'm off to Starbucks!


Image source: unknown
Please let us know if any of these belong to you and we'd be happy to give you credit!

3 comments:

WantingClarity said...

This is by far one of my favorite color combinations - simple, modern, yet still quite the closest thing to nature.

WantingClarity said...

This is by far one of my favorite color combinations - simple, modern, yet still quite the closest thing to nature.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Melrose Flowers- thanks for stopping by. And I wholeheartedly agree. It's fresh, yet comforting!