Monday, July 20, 2009

Vendors Unveiled: Michelle Dowling Calligraphy

It is always said that invitations are the guest's first glimpse into the event. This is where they learn the design, style, and formality of the wedding. Therefore, the first elements of the invitations are incredibly important. And nothing says classic, beautiful wedding quite like gorgeous calligraphy. Therefore, this week's edition of Vendors Unveiled is serving to introduce you to one of Connecticut's premiere calligraphers!

Name: Michelle Dowling

Website: http://www.ctcalligraphy.com/

Where are you located, and what geographical area(s) do you service?
I am located in Glastonbury, Connecticut and work with brides everywhere.

How long have you been in business?
I have been in business for 6 years however, I have been doing calligraphy for over 15 years.

What drew you to calligraphy as a profession?
I have always had a passion for beautiful writing. As a kid, I would love to make "fancy letters" and begged my mother for calligraphy classes in second grade (which she let me take!). As I got older, I calligraphed all of my friends and families wedding invitations. Eventually I branched out and made it into my own business.

What do you feel sets you apart as a calligrapher?
I believe it is my level of care and attention to detail as well as my pricing. My priority is to offer beautiful handwritten envelopes to brides who want to make their invitation stand out for a unique first impression ... without being an extraordinary expense.

What do you love most about your job?
I love that each client is unique and we come up with ways to make the calligraphy and invitation truly part of the vision and the wedding.

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
Reliable

No comments: