Monday, June 1, 2009

Vendors Unveiled: Aurora Photography

I came to learn about our next Vendor Unveiled through a high school classmate who had gotten into photography and was shooting with this amazingly talented photographer. As I learned more about Aurora, I've come to absolutely love her unique spirit and desire to be herself in every situation. Aurora Photography has been previously spotlighted on Following Bliss as we announced their trash the dress/day after photo session giveaway. Now we would like you to take a moment to get to know the woman behind the art (and her crew)!
Name: Aurora…

Website: http://www.aurora-photography.net/

Blog: http://www.auroraphotography.wordpress.com/

Where are you located, and what geographical area(s) do you service?
I am located in New Milford, CT, and I serve the greater tri-state area, and am willing to travel as well.

How long have you been in the business?
Approximately 2.5 years

What drew you to photography as a profession?
After serving my time in corporate America I knew that I wanted to own my own business one day. By the time I was planning my wedding I knew what it was I would love to wake up and do every day, which was a little more than 6 years ago now…

The year before my husband and I got married, he bought me Blu (our Weimaraner) as a Christmas gift. As our first baby was growing up so quickly, I borrowed a digital camera from a friend and was instantly hooked. By the time we were getting married 9 months later I had gone out and spent a hefty penny on my first digital camera. Since I owned the nicest camera I was often asked to take the pictures, and very quickly it became evident that I was good at it. I just fell in love with it, and couldn’t get enough.

What do you feel sets you apart as a photographer?
I am definitely a bird of a different feather, not quite average anything. I am passionate about what I do and I have a talent for allowing people to forget themselves and live in a moment. I believe that the true beauty in my work is in my ability to allow people's own inner beauty to shine. I take a little more time to get to know my clients and it allows me to capture their essence, that moment that is just SOOOOO them. I have always been a people person and so I enjoy getting to know my clients just as much as I do photographing them.

What do you love most about your job?
I love the connections I make doing this work, I get to meet the most interesting people and hear their stories, I like to believe that everyone we meet has something to add to our lives, and I want mine to be FULL.

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
One word… really… seriously have you met me? One, just one? Ok if I had to…
Spirited.


All the questions were really geared toward me, and how I came to do this profession. However, I would feel remiss if I didn’t mention my team as well, it is the team that makes this whole thing work. Our day in day out creative team consists of myself, Nicole, Cate and Jenn, and we have Tara now helping us with the books. Each of us is talented and skilled and we each possess our own set of strengths that we bring to the table. The sum total of the massive amount of heart and passion and talent we possess collectively is totally unstoppable, and I couldn’t be more excited about where we are going!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the kind words Elizabeth! I believe everything happens for a reason and I'm sure you and I will get a chance to work together soon! You ladies are pretty talented yourselves!

Melissa said...

I definitely agree that Aurora is "Sprited" but that is what makes her who she is.. She is a very talented photographer who makes you have so much fun when working with her. She just has a way of being around and working with people.
She is really a ton of fun to work with!! Kudos to you..

Elizabeth said...

Melissa,
Thanks for stopping by. I am so glad your experience with Aurora was so much fun! I encourage all brides to use a photographer who is passionate about her art and who doesn't take herself too seriously. That is Aurora through and through!

amanda said...

aurora is an absolutely amazing photographer! she's insanely talented, and professional, yet totally fun to be around. i loved all the shots she's done for/with me, i wouldn't go anywhere else (:

Unknown said...

Aurora is an amazing photographer! I had done a couple sessions with other photographers but they were a little disappointing, but when my friend and I did a shoot with her and it was so much fun! Aurora is extremely talented and creative and knows how to have a good time, yet she's professional at the same time. You'd be crazy not to book a session with her :)