Monday, June 29, 2009

Vendors Unveiled: Kevin Kelley Photography

Yet again, we have stumbled upon another fantastically talented local photographer. It really is amazing the kind of creativity that is out there! And Kevin Kelley is no exception to that. This week, he is our featured photographer... enjoy getting to know a bit about him and his work.


Name: Kevin Kelley



Where are you located, and what geographical area(s) do you service?
I am located in Milford, CT and serve all of CT, MA, RI, NJ, and NY.Also will travel for destination weddings around the globe.

How long have you been in business?
7 years

What drew you to photography as a profession?
I remember the darkroom in my photography class as an escape from the rest of my high school day. It may have all started then but I think what really pulled me in was the ability of a series of photographs to tell a story. I could try to communicate a story to you with words, but add beautiful images to aid in that process and..... what's better than that?! I believe in the visual power of photography -to communicate, motivate, inspire change, and touch lives! Am I starting to sound a bit dramatic? ....pick up a camera, you'll see what I mean.

What do you feel sets you apart as a photographer?
I've recently been told a lot lately that I am very ‘calming'. I approach weddings with a gentle lead and look to capture genuine moments throughout the day. I am always pushing myself to add something fresh to each shoot and better my photography skills. Honestly I think every photographer is set apart in a sense due to the fact that everyone looks at moments differently....captures them differently....and experiences them differently. This shows up in our work, well.....differently.

What do you love most about your job?
I think what sums it up are those moments when a couple is looking over their photos for the first time. Being a part of the most important day of someone's life and helping tell that story in a beautiful way. I also love dedicating photographic services to non-profits and other organizations who are in need of a louder ‘visual voice'.

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
Hmm, I think the toughest question of the bunch and it has the shortest answer. Creative. When I was little I wanted to be an inventor when I grew up.

1 comment:

jenny {zenobia studios} said...

EXCELLENT work! Keep it up Kevin!!!