Monday, March 30, 2009

Vendors Unveiled: Ciao! Catering and Events

When planning my October 2005 wedding, I was referred to Tom Devine of Ciao! Catering and Events by my own wedding coordinator. Given the nature and location of my event, some caterers were nervous to take it on. When I first met Tom, I told him of my plan and he was immediately on board. His expertise and resourcefulness ensured that my wedding ran smoothly. The food was amazing (guests STILL talk about it over three years later) and the staff members were friendly and helpful (I even have a photo of Tom's wife re-bustling my dress)!

They were incredible all day long. Unlike some other caterers, they didn't concentrate their responsibilities on the food solely. Tom worked with my rental company to ensure I had everything I would need. He provided suggestions based on his experience in the industry. His staff was there the entire day and assisted in making sure everything was set up perfectly. I have since recommended couples to Ciao! Catering and Events multiple times because I wholeheartedly trust their weddings in the hands of Tom [pictured below on the left] and his business partner, Keith O'Marra [pictured below on the right].

Name: Tom Devine - Ciao! Catering and Events/ Two Steps Downtown Grille

Website: http://www.ciaocateringtwosteps.com/

Where are you located, and what geographical area(s) do you service?
We are located in Danbury Connecticut, but our catering services go as far up as Hartford, across into New York State and Lower Fairfield and New Haven Counties and below towards New York City

How long have you been in business?
We've been in the catering business for 20 great years!

What drew you to event catering as a profession?
We love the fact that each event is different, thereby challenging us to be extremely creative.

What do you feel sets you apart as a caterer?
We're not a column A, Column B caterer. We firmly believe that event should reflect the personality of the bride and groom. From their taste in food, taste in music, degree of formality, decor ... in essence the total vibe of the event should be about them. I guess the example I would give you is that if I was to invite you tonight to my house for dinner... I would cook what I feel like eating, put on the music I want to listen to and pour the wine that I want to drink. Every bride and groom should look at the event site in the same light as an extension of their home showcasing their tastes. A lot of what we discuss with our clients seems like common sense, but unfortunately sometimes with weddings, common sense goes out the window.

What do you love most about your job?
The diversity. Besides owning a catering business we also own a restaurant where we do cooking classes, chef's table dinners and special events. Every day is different.

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
Caring

No comments: